We believe that every project is different and therefore requires a different approach. There is no “one size fits all” when it comes to delivering projects. Whilst we don’t use a prescriptive method, Lion and Gazelle’s strategy for delivering projects has evolved from some traditional approaches and methodologies together with our experiences. We have taken the traditional approaches and applied our own learning’s to come up with a strategy that we know delivers successful projects.
Our strategy uses ingredients from sources such as:
- Projects In a Controlled Environment (Prince 2)
- Association of Project Management (APM)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Lean Six Sigma (using DMAIC)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
Our Methodology – 7 Steps for Success
The Lion and Gazelle 7 step methodology for implementing successful projects:
- Scope – First of all we need to understand what the problem is that we are trying to address and agree this with the customer. Sounds simple but quite often difficult to agree for various different reasons.
- Analyse – Once we are agreed on the problem we need to analyse it in order to understand, measure and baseline the “as is” situation.
- Design – Now that we have analysed the problem we can start to work on designing the solution to it, taking into account specific performance requirements.
- Verify – How do we know the design will deliver the results we need? We don’t! That’s why we need to do some tests and experiments to prove the design.
- Build and Test – Once we know that the design will deliver the desired results we can build it and further test it.
- Implement – Solution implementation takes into consideration the business impact and there is a heavy focus on communication and support.
- Control – Now that the solution is in service we take measures to ensure that the performance remains as expected. Controls are put in place so that in the event of service failures, remedial action can be taken swiftly